How do I get a clean installation of Java on my PC?
Why would I need to do this?
If your version of Java is corrupted or is preventing you from installing a more recent version of Java, you should try the steps below to allow you to update your Java.
And if you are having trouble with your client not loading, which may be due to having incompatible or multiple versions of Java, these steps should remove all versions of Java to allow you to just install the latest version.
How would I do this?
- Go to the Start button, select Control panel, then, in this, select Programs and Features
- Uninstall ALL current versions of Java
- Remove any item with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name
- Then, follow these steps to install the latest version of Java;
- Visit the Java website
- Click the "Free Java Download" button
- Accept the License Agreement (at your discretion)
- Save the installer
- Then, once it has been downloaded, run the installer
- Once installed, restart your computer
What if this didn't solve my issue?
Having problems with these steps?