These steps should remove all versions of Java to allow you to install the latest version.
- Open 'Control panel' and select 'Programs and Features'
- Uninstall ALL current versions of Java
- Visit the Java website, press 'Download Java' and follow the prompts to install Java
- Make sure you are logged in as the administrator for your MAC
- Open terminal and input the following commands one at a time:
rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefpane
- Visit the Java website, press "Download Java" and follow the prompts to install Java
Check out solutions for performance issues.
Get help from the community!