Pre-Paid Credit Card: Making a Successful Purchase
You can use the 'Step by Step Guide' below if you have had issues using your Pre-Paid Credit Card, or the 'Common Questions' section if you still remain stuck after the guide!
How to use your Pre-Paid Credit Card Successfully
Pre-Paid Credit Cards work in exactly the same way as a regular Credit/Debit Card - you simply select 'Credit/Debit Card' from the Billing Purchase Screen.
There are two key reasons why a payment may not go through using a Pre-Paid Credit Card:
- Your card is not allowed to make international payments (Jagex are in the UK)
- Your card has not been activated or authorised to make online payments
Allowing International Payments
After checking the terms & conditions of your Pre-Paid Card, it may be worth contacting your card provider to see if they will allow international payments.
If not, and you have already purchased a card that you now cannot use, don't panic! There are still a number of ways you can use your card for RuneScape purchases:
- Use your card in local store to purchase RS Pre-Paid Game Cards (check our official store locator to find the nearest store to you)
- Use your card to make your purchases from an online supplier, such as pcgamesupply.com.
- Try using your card to set up a PayPal account, which you can then use on RuneScape
Activate your Pre-Paid Card
If you are certain that your card can be used internationally, please check that:
- Your card has been activated by the supplier
- Your card can be used to make online purchases