Password creation advice
We recommend changing your password every three months. You should never tell anyone your password, even JMods can't see your password!
To improve your account's security follow these steps:
KEEP IT UNIQUE
Use a unique password for each of your accounts.
Reusing passwords is risky. If someone figures out the password for one account, they could potentially gain access to other accounts (think: email, RuneScape, banking, and more!)
Make sure your password has a mix of letters and numbers. This makes it harder for someone to guess.
DON'T GET PERSONAL
Don't use personal information or common words.
- Create a password that's unrelated to your personal information.
- Selecting a random word or phrase
- Inserting letters and numbers into the beginning, middle and end
User a trusted password manager to store your login information. Password managers encrypt your password database with a master password – the master password is the only one you have to remember.
Make sure your registered email is up-to-date and secure.
It's important to remember that your password is only as secure as the registered email on your account.
- Make sure your email password is different
- Protect your email with 2-Step Verification
Add an extra layer of security with RuneScape Authenticator.
Once you've created a password, you can add an extra layer of security by enabling RuneScape Authenticator.
- This extra defense means that even if someone knows your password they'll be unable to access your in-game account.