Common Credit Card Issues
Follow these steps if you have received an error while making a purchase.
- Make sure you've entered all of your card details correctly and you have the funds in your bank account.
- Make sure any saved payment details haven't expired.
- Check if your bank/card issuer is blocking online or international payments – remember that Jagex Ltd is based in the United Kingdom.
- If you are presented with a bank security check you are unable to complete, contact your bank / card issuer.
- If you use a pre-paid credit card, please read the card providers Terms and Conditions as they could not be a valid payment type if you are making a payment internationally.
- Contact your payment provider to see if they have information about the failed transaction and the status of your payment account.
- Try using an alternative payment method like Paypal or a pre-paid card
- If you have an active Apple Pay or Google Play subscription on your account, you will be unable to purchase an additional membership package via other methods.
Note: To avoid multiple charges or the temporary hold of funds by your payment provider, please wait 24 hours before attempting another payment.
If you made a purchase on Mobile check out Mobile Payments FAQ
Due to high contact volumes, we might not be able to respond within our usual response times.
Please hang tight, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience, stay safe.