Setting the Authenticator - Mobile Device
Before setting the RuneScape authenticator onto your RuneScape account you first of all need to make sure you have a secure email registered to the account. Please make sure you have taken the relevant steps to secure your email address. The RuneScape authenticator is only as secure as your email.
We strongly recommend setting 2 step verification on your email address.
Once you have completed this you will need to get an authenticator app on your mobile device.
To help you on your way we have provided you with three of our recommendations.
|Google Authenticator||Google Authenticator||Microsoft Authenticator|
Once you have the authenticator app set on your smart phone you can begin the process of setting it on your RuneScape account. Please visit our authenticator page to begin the process.
Here are the steps to link your authenticator to your RuneScape account.
- Scan the barcode on the website using the camera in the authenticator app.
2. If the scan of the QR code doesn’t work please click on ‘Can’t scan the code?’ and follow the details provided.
3. Once your Authenticator app is connected to your RuneScape account you will be given a six digit authentication code.
4. Now enter the six digit code from the authenticator app into the box provided and click on ‘Finish’. You have 30 seconds to do this!
What if I receive an error code when entering my six digit code??
If you receive an error code when trying to enable the authenticator please head to the article called 'My authenticator code is not working'.
5. If no issues occur your RuneScape account is now protected by the authenticator!
Logging Into game.
Now that the authenticator is active on your RuneScape account you will now be asked to enter an authentication code when you next log into game.
- Log into game as normal
- You will now be asked to enter your authenticator code
- Open your authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Enter the six digit code from the app into the box provided
- You now have an option whether you want the device to remain recognised for 30 days. If so tick the box provided & then click the ‘Continue’
Remember, if you log into any unrecognised computers you will need to make sure you have your mobile device with you.