Setting the Authenticator - Mobile Device
Before setting up an Authenticator on your RuneScape account, you need to ensure that:
- Your computer or mobile device is secure and virus free
- Your account has a strong password
- Your email address is secure and uses 2 step verification
Once you have completed this you will need to get an Authenticator app on your mobile device. Here are three of our recommendations.
Setting up the Authenticator
To enable the Authenticator on your account:
Head to your Authenticator account settings
Login to your account
Select 'Enable Authenticator'
Download the relevant app for your phone
Open the app and scan the QR code provided on the website
If the QR code doesn’t work please click on ‘Can’t scan the code?’ and follow the details provided
Enter the 6 digit code generated by your mobile device into the space provided
Click 'Finish' to finalise the set up process
Received an error code when entering 6-digit code?
For help please head over to my Authenticator code is not working.
Now that the Authenticator is active only people who know the code will be able to access your account.
- Login as normal
- You will be asked to enter your Authenticator code
- Open your Authenticator app on your mobile device
- Enter the 6-digit code from the app into the box provided
- You now have the option to remember the device for 30 days - if you would like to do so, tick the box and then press ‘Continue'
Remember, if you log into any unrecognised computers you will need to make sure you have your mobile device with you.