Interface scaling issues on high DPI monitors - Windows 10
Following a recent update, Windows 10 turns the "Disable display scaling on High DPI settings" option on automatically. If you disable this setting, Windows will immediately re-enable this. As a result, the RuneScape Interface appears very small as shown in the images below:
While running programs at the highest DPI possible sounds awesome, the inability to deselect this option causes the display issues shown above.
That's the problem! How do I fix it?
We've attached the document you will need to use with this article for reference. You can download the file by clicking here.
Now place the downloaded Manifest document in the following directory:
This is the same directory as the JagexLauncher.exe is located. If you can't find the directory right click the launcher icon on your desktop and click "Open file Location" and it should open the bin.
Now you will have to use the registry editor to tell Windows to prefer external manifest files.
Before you do this, I would strongly recommend creating a backup of personal files or creating a system restore point in-case something goes wrong!
To do this, please carefully follow the instructions below:
- Right click on Start and select Run
- Type in regedit.exe and hit okay to open the registry editor
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide
- Right click the black space in the file and click "new" and then DWORD(32 bit) Value with the name PreferExternalManifest.
- Set the value to 1
- Finally, right click on your RuneScape shortcut or JagexLauncher.exe and select "Properties" - Uncheck "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
You will have to repeat step 6 every time you run RuneScape as we have not yet found a way to make it permanent.