Facebook created accounts
This article is for accounts created through Facebook. If you did not create your account through Facebook please head to Removing Facebook from accounts
Upgrading to a full Jagex account
If at present you can only login via Facebook and you'd like to be able to login with a login email as well, please follow the below steps.
1. Head to Account and hit the Facebook login button to access your account.
2. You will receive a pop up asking to upgrade to a full Jagex Account
If this pop up does not appear then go to your Linked Accounts tab.
3. Enter the email address and password you would like to use every time you login to game.
4. Click the link in the email to validate it. Do not forget to check your junk / spam folders.
Once this is complete you will be able to login with either your login email or by clicking on the Facebook icon.
Completely remove Facebook accounts:
Complete the above steps and then:
5. Head to your Linked Accounts tab
6. Click on ‘Remove this association’
7. Enter the new password you entered in step 3 & click ‘Remove’.
You have now successfully turned your Facebook account into a full RuneScape account and can now take advantage of other benefits such as playing Old School RuneScape!