Facebook created accounts
Did you create your RuneScape account through Facebook? If so you will need to remove the association to take advantage of other benefits such as playing Old School RuneScape.
Please head to 'Removing Facebook from accounts' if you did not create the account through Facebook.
What do I need to do now?
To remove the association from your Facebook created account all you need to do is follow these steps.
1. Click on ‘Account’
2. Click on the Facebook icon to log in to account
3. You will receive a pop up asking to upgrade to a full Jagex Account
4. Enter a brand new email address to the account & confirm it and enter a password you would like to use every time you log into game.
These will be the details you need to use every time you log into game. DO NOT FORGET them!
If this pop up does not appear please go straight to your account settings and click on the ‘Social Network’ tab
5. Go to your email address and click the link in the email to validate it. Do not forget to check your junk folders.
Once this is complete players have the ability to log in with either their new login details or by clicking on the Facebook icon.
Is there anything else I need to do?
To completely remove Facebook accounts once the above steps are complete players just need to do the following
6. Go back to your Account Settings & click on the ‘Social Networks’ tab.
7. Click on ‘Remove this association’
8. Enter the new password you entered in step 4 & click ‘Remove’.
You have now successfully turned your Facebook account into a full RuneScape account and can now take advantage of other benefits such as playing Old School RuneScape!