Facebook created accounts
This article is for accounts created through Facebook. If you did not create your account through Facebook please head to Removing Facebook from accounts
Upgrading to a full Jagex account
If at present you can only login via Facebook and you'd like to be able to login with a login email as well, please follow the below steps.
1. Head to RuneScape homepage and click 'Sign in' choose the Facebook login button to access your account.
2. You may be prompted to set a login email and password onto the account. Enter a new email and password that you would like to use every time you login to your account.
3. If this prompt doesn’t appear head to ‘Linked Accounts’ and hit the ‘Update Preference’ button.
4. Enter a new email and password that you would like to use every time you login to your account and hit 'Set password'
5. Go to your email inbox and validate the email
Once this is complete you will be able to login with either your login email or by clicking on the Facebook icon. You can now take advantage of other benefits such as playing Old School RuneScape!
Completely remove Facebook login
If you don't want to be able to login with Facebook anymore complete the above steps and then:
1. Head to your Linked Accounts tab and hit the ‘Update Preferences’ button.
2. Click ‘Unlink Facebook’
You will now need to use your login email every time you log into game.