Windows installer errors
How do I fix Windows Installer errors (including the error 2349) when installing the RuneScape Client?
Why would I need to do this and what is this error?
You may encounter Error 2349 when you are trying to install the RuneScape Client and will look something like the dialogue box pictured below
Windows installer errors like this are caused by something negatively affecting the Windows installer when you are attempting to run the .msi file. The causes of this can range from a previous version of the RuneScape Client not uninstalling correctly to some conflicting entries in your Windows registry.
If you do encounter Error 2349, it means the installation is blocked, and you can't finish installing the client.
How would I fix this?
This tool from Microsoft for resolving common issues with installers often resolves these issues.
You can also try creating a new local Windows user account, as this should allow you to install the client on this account.
- Click on the Start button
- Open Control Panel
- Select Add or remove user accounts
4. To create a new account, click on the Create a new account option
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the bottom-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)
2. Click Accounts, click Other accounts.
3. Click Add an account, then click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
4. Click Local account.
5. Enter a username for the new account.
6. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, then tap or click Next.
7. If your PC is on a domain, depending on the domain's security settings, you might be able to skip this step and tap or click Next, if you prefer.
8. Click Finish.
1. Open the Settings application
2. Select "Accounts as shown below:
3 . Click on Family & other users on the left side, and then click on the + Add someone else to this PC option under 'Other users' on the right side.
4. Select the Add a user without a Microsoft account link at the bottom.
5. Type in a user name, password, and password hint you want for the local account, and click on Next. You may not need a password if you just want to use this to test RuneScape, if so, you can leave the password boxes empty.
Having problems with these steps?
What if this didn't solve my issue?
If you still receive a Windows installer error message after trying these steps, you can get in touch below.
If you're having other issues with the client, we have created a list of other common client issues!