Updating graphics drivers - Mac
Why would I need to do this?
There are some circumstances where you might want to update your graphics drivers such as:
- Low FPS in game
- Graphical or Display issues
- You're looking to improve your system's performance
How do I update my Drivers?
On Mac OS X, your Graphics Driver is actually part of the Operating System, and as such can only be upgraded by checking for a software update from Apple.
Identifying your Graphics Card
- Open System Information by choosing About this Mac from the Apple menu, then click More Info
- Select Graphics/Displays in the Hardware section to see the make and model of your graphics card.
Updating Mac OS X
- Check for a Software Update by choosing About this Mac from the Apple menu, then click Software Update
- If this option is grayed out, it means your version of OS X is fully up to date!
Note - If you choose to Upgrade your version of Mac OS X to a newer version, it will take some time to download and complete the install process
If after updating your drivers you're still having Display or FPS issues, I'd suggest checking our Recommended Specifications Page so you can check what performance you should expect from your system when playing RuneScape.
Having problems with these steps?