Common Connection Solutions!
Have you tried resetting your network and devices?
Try rebooting your modem or router to help maintain a good connection.
Are you connecting wirelessly?
- If possible connect directly to your modem with an ethernet cable, as wireless connections can become unstable
- If you’re playing on a mobile device, try connecting via WiFi to see if this improves your connection stability
- It may also help to connect to a game world that’s located close to your geographical location
Not enough system resources?
This is typically caused by not having enough available memory, check that your device meets the recommended specifications. Close all other applications, notably any open streams or downloads.
Not sure if it's a connection or graphics issue?
Find out if you have a connection or graphical issue.
Have you tried flushing your DNS?
Flushing your DNS cache is a great initial step if you're having connection problems.
Try resetting WINSOCK, IPv4 TCP/IP and IPv6 TCP/IP stack
Sometimes connectivity issues stem from a corrupt network configuration. Resetting your system back to its default configuration can help restore connectivity.
1. Click on Start and in the search box, type
2. Right-click on the Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a Command Prompt
3. At the command prompt window, type the following commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
4. Restart your computer
Is RuneScape blocked by your firewall?
If you can't connect to RuneScape at all, make sure that you've allowed RuneScape and all its data to pass through any software on your computer or connection.
Get help from the community!
I'm still having problems
If you've tried all the steps above, and you're still having connection problems, get in touch with us!
Response ETA: Up to 48 hours