Securing your computer and account
If you're unable to access your account due to a compromise recover your account
If you think your account might be compromised, or you want to secure your computer, follow these helpful tips.
1. Scan your computer for malicious software.
2. Keep your computer's operating system and internet browser up to date. If your device is missing critical security updates it will be less secure.
- Microsoft Windows Update
- Software updates for OS X
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer
3. Turn your browser's phishing filter on. These will check visited websites against a database of illegitimate websites and alert you if it poses a potential risk.
4. Reset the password for your registered email address. The password for your registered email and account should always be different. Check out how strong your password is.
5. Authenticate your email with 2-Step authentication. This adds an additional layer of security to your email and your account.