Setting the Authenticator - Desktop/laptop (Authy)
If you do not have access to a mobile device to set up the Authenticator then Authy is available for all PC, iOS, and Android.
The instructions below are intended as a guide only. Jagex is not responsible for the content of the application outlined below and players using it do so at their own risk.
You will need
- A desktop or laptop with internet access
- The Google Chrome internet browser
- A mobile phone able to receive a call or SMS message to verify your identity
- Your RuneScape account login and password
- A validated email on your RuneScape account
- Head to the Authy Chrome plug in
- Select 'Add to Chrome'
- Once the Add Authy pop-up appears, select 'Add app'
- Set up:
- Select your country's phone code
- Enter a contact number
- Click 'OK'
- Enter a valid email address
- Click 'OK'
- Verify your identity via: Call or SMS
Your Authy account is now registered.
ADDING AUTHY TO RUNESCAPE
Once you have Authy installed follow these steps:
Head to your Authenticator account settings
Login to your account
Select 'Enable Authenticator'
Hit ‘Can’t scan the code?’ and follow the details provided.
Return to the Authy application and 'add your account'
Enter the code generated by the RuneScape Authenticator page, and then click 'Add Account'
You will then be presented with the option to customise the logo and name for your account. This is entirely your preference.
Exit when done and then click on the account you have just added
Enter the code that's been generated into the RuneScape page
Select 'Next' and your account is now protected