Redeem a Bond for a Character Name Change
- Redeeming a RuneScape Bond for a name change
- Redeeming an Old School Bond for a name change
- I have a different question
All Members have the ability to change character names for free once each month, via the 'Account' link on the RuneScape Homepage. Doing so will start a cool down period of 1 month where you cannot change your name again.
If you want to change your name without waiting for the cooldown period to end, and have either a RuneScape or Old School Bond, please click on one of the options below to see a step by step guide on using a Bond for a name change.
1. Begin the process by accessing the Bond Management menu. This can be done in one of two ways:
You can select the RuneScape Bonds option on the Upgrades & Extras interface.
Alternatively you can interact directly with your Bond pouch by right-clicking the pouch and selecting Redeem Bond.
2. With the Bond Management menu open, on the right-hand side is a scroll-able list of possible purchases that can be made.
Scroll to Character name change, ensure that this option is selected, and then click Redeem.
3. A confirmation of your choice will appear.Redeem Bond to continue with the process, or Cancel should you change your mind.
4. The Bond will be successfully redeemed and the following screen will appear. Please note that if the character name can be changed without use of a Bond (for example via the free name change Membership perk) then the Bond will not be redeemed, and instead you will be prompted to select a new name.
5. Clicking continue will direct you to an interface where you can begin changing your name. It'll also inform you as to when you can next change your name for free, should you wish to reconsider and use the Bond for another purpose!
6. Select the Change Name option to prompt a box to appear in which you will be able to enter a character name. Type in the name you desire (if it's available) and press the Enter key to confirm the change.
7. A confirmation menu will appear in which you can either Confirm or Cancel. If you opt to Cancel then you will be able to enter a different name.
8. Clicking Confirm leads to confirmation of your name change appearing. Simply Continue and continue with your adventures!
1. Begin the process by clicking on the 'spanner' (settings) symbol on the HUD, then click on the 'Bonds' button:
2. In the bottom right under the 'Early Name Change for 1 Bond' section, select 'Redeem Now':
3. Click confirm to purchase the early name change (or 'Cancel' to go back):
That's it, you will see a confirmation that you can now change your name. You can do this by clicking on 'Account' on the RuneScape homepage (your name change will affect both your Old School and RuneScape profiles).