Securing your computer
If you think your account might be compromised, or you want to secure your computer, follow these helpful tips.
1. Scan your computer for malicious software.
2. Keep your computer's operating system and internet browser up to date. If your device is missing critical security updates it will be less secure.
- Microsoft Windows Update
- Software updates for OS X
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer
3. Turn your browser's phishing filter on. These will check visited websites against a database of illegitimate websites and alert you if it poses a potential risk.