Securing your computer
1. Scan your computer for malicious software.
2. Keep your computer's operating system and internet browser up to date.
If your device is missing critical security updates, it will be less secure.
- Microsoft Windows Update
- Software updates for OS X
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer
3. Activate your browser's phishing filter. These will check visited websites against a database of illegitimate URLs and alert you if it poses a potential risk.