RuneScape Mobile FAQ
Your game, available to play anywhere for members on Android.
- A RuneScape account with active membership
- An Android device with Android 5.0 or higher - subject to ongoing performance and compatibility improvements, at present, some devices will not be able to install or update to the latest version.
- Hang in there iOS users, your turn won't be long now!
Members are invited to download the RuneScape Mobile Beta app from the Google Play Store.
- Head to the Google Play Store to download
- There's a limited number of downloads available on a first come first served basis, but we'll be expanding regularly as the beta progresses.
- If you can't see the Install option on the Google Play Store, this means it's not currently available to download, but be sure to check back often!
Coming back for Mobile?
- We've got all you need to get back into game
- Check out RuneScape news for more information!
- Please use the RuneScape Mobile Testing Forum to report bugs, provide feedback, or for answers from our awesome community!
How do I install RuneScape Mobile?
Search RuneScape on the Google Play store and hit install.
What device do I need to download the game?
You will need an Android device with Android 5.0 or higher to be able to install and run RuneScape Mobile.
Why am I receiving the message that the Beta is 'currently full'?
If you do not have the option to install and are told the Beta is currently full follow these steps:
- Head to 'Settings'
- Tap one of the following: Option varies depending upon device. Apps. Applications. Application manager. App manager.
- Locate 'Google Play Store'
- 'Force stop' the Google Play Store app
- Select Clear cache
- Select Clear data
We'll let you know when we're opening up the next lot of access. Make sure you keep a close eye on these channels:
Why can't I create an account?
There are two main reasons you might be having issues creating an account.
Email: If you are receiving a message that your email address has already been used you won't be able to create another account with the same email, try recovering your account or using a different email.
Name unavailable: If you are told a name is unavailable try choosing a different name.
Why can't I login?
If you're not able to login and play, make sure you're using the correct login name or email (if you created the account before 2010 it'll be your first character name, after that an email).
If you think you might have forgotten your password try recovering your account.
Why was my password reset denied?
If your account recovery request was denied it's because you haven't provided enough information to confirm to us you are the rightful owner. Please check the email response for more details of what we need from you.
How do I change the language of the app?
The language on RuneScape Mobile is currently determined by the language setting of your device. Supported languages are: English; French; German; Brazilian Portuguese.
Why is the app saying I need to update?
The Android app will ask you to update if it hasn't yet downloaded an update from the Google Play Store. Please open the Google Play Store and hit 'Update'.
If you're installing from an unknown source rather than from the App Store or Google Play Store, the app will not automatically update. Please be aware that if you're not using the official stores then you're using an unsafe build - your account security could be in danger and at risk of data mining.
Why do I have to be a member to play?
During the Beta testing period the app is available for members only.
Can I make a purchase on mobile?
Yes! You can purchase Bonds, membership and key packages.
What if I change my mind and want a refund?
If you're unhappy with a purchase you've made on the Mobile app contact Google Play to request a refund.
What are the minimum requirements for my device?
* Android 5.0 or later.
* 2GB RAM.
* OpenGL ES3.
Why can't I login?
If you're receiving a 'connecting to server' error message try connecting to Wifi or waiting until you have a stronger mobile connection.
Why is my game lagging?
To improve your connection, close any unused apps that could be using lots of data. You can also try connecting to a different world, or connecting directly to Wifi.
How can I stop the app from draining my battery?
- Reduce the brightness setting of your device
- Turn off any background apps
- Turn on medium battery saver mode
- Adjusting the FPS in the graphics settings will reduce the amount of battery used to run the game
My device is connected to the Vodafone network, can I play?
We are currently aware that some Vodafone users are not able to launch the client correctly. Please contact Vodafone and request access to age restricted content.
Do Android tablets support the app?
Our focus for the open beta is primarily phones. The game is not yet optimised for tablet devices.
Why does it say my device doesn't support RuneScape Mobile?
Subject to ongoing performance and compatibility improvements, at present, some devices will not be able to install or update to the latest version; apologies for any inconvenience. We're aiming to increase compatibility moving forward.
What are the known issues with RS Mobile?
Please check the Google Play Store listing for the latest list of known issues.
- You can also see the Known Issues Forum Thread