OSRS Mobile FAQ | Installing
- What device do I need to play?
- I have Lollipop 5.0+, why is the app not working?
- Do I need to create a new account to play?
- Why can't I create an account?
- Can I login with Game Center?
- Can I log in with Google?
- Why can't I login?
- Why was my password reset denied?
- Why is the app saying I need to update?
- Is the app available in my country?
- Android Lollipop (5.0) or later - minimum 1GB RAM
- iOS 10.0 or later - iPhone5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 or newer
- All Chromebooks
- ASUS Nexus 7
- HTX Nexus 9
- NVIDIA Shield
- Google Pixel C
- Huawei P8 Lite.
Our focus is on your experience on mobile phone devices. Old School RuneScape will work on many tablets, but the experience may not be optimal.
Please let us know your feedback on the Performance on your device forum thread.
Do I need to create a new account to play?
The great news is you can login with any account you have access to - be it new or old!
- If you are receiving a message that your email address has already been used you won't be able to create another account with the same email, try recovering your account or using a different email.
- If you are told a name is unavailable try choosing a different name.
Can I login with Game Center?
Brand new iOS players can get going right away using their Game Center accounts.
Can I log in with Google?
Old School RuneScape mobile supports Google logins.
Why can't I login?
If you're not able to login and play, make sure you're using the correct login name or email (if you created the account before 2010 it'll be your first character name, after that an email).
If you think you might have forgotten your password try recovering your account.
Why was my password reset denied?
If your account recovery request was denied it's because you haven't provided enough information to confirm to us you are the rightful owner. Please check the email response for more details of what we need from you.
If you're installing from an unknown source rather than from the App Store or Google Play Store, the app will not automatically update. Please be aware that if you're not using the official stores then you're using an unsafe build - your account security could be in danger and at risk of data mining.
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Some locations that are not explicitly listed
On iOS the app is not available in China.