RuneScape Mobile FAQ | Installing
- How do I install RuneScape Mobile?
- What device do I need to download the game?
- Why am I receiving the message that the Beta is 'currently full'?
- Why isn't the download option available?
- Why can't I create an account?
- Why can't I login?
- Why was my password reset denied?
- How do I change the language of the app?
- Why is the app saying I need to update?
How do I install RuneScape Mobile?
Search RuneScape on the Google Play store and hit install.
What device do I need to download the game?
You will need an Android device with Android 5.0 or higher to be able to install and run RuneScape Mobile.
- Head to 'Settings'
- Tap one of the following (option varies depending on the device): Apps. Applications. Application manager or App manager.
- Locate 'Google Play Store'
- 'Force stop' the Google Play Store app
- Select Clear cache
- Select Clear data
We'll let you know when we're opening up the next lot of access. Make sure you keep a close eye on these channels:
Why can't I create an account?
There are two main reasons you might be having issues creating an account.
Email: If you are receiving a message that your email address has already been used you won't be able to create another account with the same email, try recovering your account or using a different email.
Name unavailable: If you are told a name is unavailable try choosing a different name.
Why can't I login?
If you're not able to login and play, make sure you're using the correct login name or email (if you created the account before 2010 it'll be your first character name, after that an email).
If you think you might have forgotten your password try recovering your account.
Why was my password reset denied?
If your account recovery request was denied it's because you haven't provided enough information to confirm to us you are the rightful owner. Please check the email response for more details of what we need from you.
How do I change the language of the app?
The language on RuneScape Mobile is currently determined by the language setting of your device. Supported languages are: English; French; German; Brazilian Portuguese.
If you're installing from an unknown source rather than from the App Store or Google Play Store, the app will not automatically update. Please be aware that if you're not using the official stores then you're using an unsafe build - your account security could be in danger and at risk of data mining.