RuneScape Mobile FAQ | Installing
- How do I pre-register for RuneScape Mobile?
- What device do I need to download the game?
- Why can't I play on iOS anymore?
- Why is my pre-order button greyed out?
- Why can't I create an account?
- Why can't I log in?
- Why was my password reset denied?
- How do I change the language of the app?
- Why is the app saying I need to update?
How do I pre-register for RuneScape Mobile?
The full app will be released this summer. Sign up now so you don't miss the launch!
Depending on your device you'll either receive a notification or the app will automatically download:
- Android | Head to the Google Play store and hit pre-register
- iOS | Head to the App Store and hit pre-order
- Android | Android 8.0 or higher and at least 2GB ram
- iOS | The latest iOS version
In preparation for launch, we’ve removed the beta from the Apple store. Don't forget to pre-order so you're ready.
The iOS “Pre-order” feature on the App Store only works on devices with the latest iOS version.
- Email: If you are receiving a message that your email address has already been used you won't be able to create another account with the same email, try recovering your account or using a different email.
- Name unavailable: If you are told a name is unavailable try choosing a different name.
Why can't I log in?
If you're not able to log in and play, make sure you're using the correct login name or email (if you created the account before 2010 it'll be your first character name, after that an email).
If you think you might have forgotten your password try recovering your account.
Why was my password reset denied?
If your account recovery request was denied it's because you haven't provided enough information to confirm to us you are the rightful owner. Please check the email response for more details of what we need from you.
How do I change the language of the app?
The language on RuneScape Mobile is currently determined by the language setting of your device. Supported languages are English; French; German; Brazilian Portuguese.
If you're installing from an unknown source rather than from the App Store or Google Play Store, the app will not automatically update. Please be aware that if you're not using the official stores then you're using an unsafe build - your account security could be in danger and at risk of data mining.