RuneScape Mobile FAQ | Technical
- What are the minimum requirements for my device?
- Why can't I log in?
- Why is my game lagging?
- Why is my FPS lower than I want it to be?
- How can I stop the app from draining my battery?
- Why can't I hear any audio when playing via a mobile connection?
- Do tablets support the app?
- Why does it say my device doesn't support RuneScape Mobile?
- Why am I getting the error: "Game Client undergoing update maintenance. Please try again later."?
- Android | 8.0 or later, 2GB RAM, OpenGL ES3
- iOS | 13 or later
- Free storage required: 3.5GB - 5GB
RuneScape on Mobile contains customisable graphics options to help you get the most out of your experience – whether you want to save battery life or improve performance.
You can access the graphics settings through:
- Logged Out / Lobby: Click the Menu button in the top left, then select Graphics Options
- In-Game: Click the Home button in the top left, then click Settings in the bottom right - then select the Graphics tab.
If you are experiencing FPS issues or want RuneScape to use less battery, we recommend turning on the Power Save Mode as a first step. This should improve FPS performance and battery performance in almost all circumstances.
- Reduce the brightness setting of your device
- Turn off any background apps
- Turn on medium battery saver mode
- Adjusting the FPS in the graphics settings will reduce the amount of battery used to run the game
To limit data usage the app will not stream audio while on a data connection.
Why does it say my device doesn't support RuneScape Mobile?
Subject to ongoing performance and compatibility improvements, at present, some devices will not be able to install or update to the latest version; apologies for any inconvenience. We're aiming to increase compatibility moving forward.
Updating to the most recent version of the app should resolve this error. Please accept our apologies for the confusing messaging.