23rd - 29th July Player Support Stats

Hello!

Here in Player Support we want to be as transparent as possible, which is why we share our department stats with the community on a now weekly basis. 

We'll share everything from incoming tickets to player satisfaction scores, bot bans and more. 

  • Player Contacts

    We received a total of 15,865 tickets and contacts this week, with the majority of contact regarding account help issues. This figure does not include abuse reports. Here's the breakdown:

     

    Work type Volume
    Support tickets 2,410
    Account recovery appeals 5,054
    Offensive names 2,897
    Offence appeals 105
    Tweets 1,047
    Ban appeals received 4,352

     

    When we process an offensive name report, we either take no action, or remove it for being offensive or impersonating a staff member. Here's the breakdown of action we took:

     

    Action taken Volume
    No action taken 2,623
    Offensive 274
    Staff impersonation 0

     

    We also take a variety of actions against offence appeals, depending on if the account was hijacked, or if the offence was issued correctly. Here's what we did for the 105 offence appeals we processed:

     

    Action taken Volume
    Grant Appeal 64
    Deny Appeal 40
    Grant + Secure account 1

     

    With every contact we receive it's important we respond to you quickly, and we strive to reply to all players within 48 hours. Here's how we did this week:

     

    Time taken % of contacts
    1 hour 18%
    12 hours 69%
    24 hours 81%
    48 hours 94%

     

    Resolving your issue in our first response is a key measure of success too - and while it won't always be possible, it's something we work hard to achieve. Here's the breakdown:

     

    # replies % of contacts
    1 77%
    2 18%
    3+ 5%

    As you can see we resolved around 3/4 of all issues in just one reply, but we continue to work hard to reduce the number of 3+ reply contacts. We review these contacts regularly, to see why the ticket required 3 or more responses from Jagex to resolve.

     

    Player satisfaction is also key to measuring how satisfied you are with the service we offer. At the end of every contact, we provide players the opportunity to fill out a quick survey about their experience.

     

    This week 85% of players were satisfied with the service they received, leaving 15% unsatisfied. We investigate all unsatisfied contacts to understand if there was anything we could have done differently, but we find the majority are from cases of banned or hijacked accounts. 

     

  • Support Centre

    We also measure a lot of data about the Support Centre, including overall views, searches & our most viewed pages. Here's a snapshot of what this week had in store for us...

     

    - 114,124 visited the Support Centre looking for answers to their questions.

    - 8,415 players used the search feature to find what they were looking for.

     

    Here's the breakdown of the top views:

     

    Page Views
    Account bans 10,947
    Twitch Prime FAQ 6,136
    Common Client Issues and how to solve them! 5,429

     

    ...and here's the searches:

     

    Term Searches
    'hacked' 206
    'contact' 147
    'authenticator' 143

     

    We use this data to help make improvements to our Support Centre, and have dedicated Player Support Mods who specialise in optimising help articles and the overall experience. You can also use the thumbs up & down at the bottom of each article to let us know if you found the information helpful or not.

  • Anti-Cheating Bans

    Keeping your game free of cheats is a top priority for the Investigations into the Community team (ICU), so here's how many accounts we've banned for cheating this week. Please remember - your reports are really useful, so please do flag suspected bots in game to us!

     

    Game Temp Ban Perm Ban
    RuneScape 392 18,143
    Old School 1,131 65,312
    Total 1,523 83,455

     

    Thank you for taking the time to check out this weeks Player Support stats - see you next week!

Was this article helpful?