22nd - 28th April Player Support Stats
Here in Player Support we want to be as transparent as possible, which is why we share our department stats with the community on a now weekly basis.
We'll share everything from incoming tickets to player satisfaction scores, bot bans and more.
- Player Contacts
We received a total of 12,950 tickets and contacts this week, with the majority of contact regarding account help issues. This figure does not include abuse reports. Here's the breakdown:
Work type Volume Support tickets 4,379 Account recovery appeals 2,538 Offensive names 3,197 Offence appeals 94 Tweets 816 Ban appeals received 1,926
When we process an offensive name report, we either take no action, or remove it for being offensive or impersonating a staff member. Here's the breakdown of action we took:
Action taken Volume No action taken 2,630 Offensive 566 Staff impersonation 1
We also take a variety of actions against offence appeals, depending on if the account was hijacked, or if the offence was issued correctly. Here's what we did for the 94 offence appeals we processed:
Action taken Volume Grant Appeal 43 Deny Appeal 48 Grant + Secure account 3
With every contact we receive it's important we respond to you quickly, and we strive to reply to all players within 48 hours. Here's how we did this week:
Time taken % of contacts 1 hour 11% 12 hours 45% 24 hours 74% 48 hours 79%
Resolving your issue in our first response is a key measure of success too - and while it won't always be possible, it's something we work hard to achieve. Here's the breakdown:
# replies % of contacts 1 74% 2 19% 3+ 7%
As you can see we resolved around 3/4 of all issues in just one reply, but we continue to work hard to reduce the number of 3+ reply contacts. We review these contacts regularly, to see why the ticket required 3 or more responses from Jagex to resolve.
Player satisfaction is also key to measuring how satisfied you are with the service we offer. At the end of every contact, we provide players the opportunity to fill out a quick survey about their experience.
This week 80% of players were satisfied with the service they received, leaving 20% unsatisfied. We investigate all unsatisfied contacts to understand if there was anything we could have done differently, but we find the majority are from cases of banned or hijacked accounts.
- Support Centre
We also measure a lot of data about the Support Centre, including overall views, searches & our most viewed pages. Here's a snapshot of what this week had in store for us...
- 143,060 visited the Support Centre looking for answers to their questions.
- 6,160 players used the search feature to find what they were looking for.
Here's the breakdown of the top views:
Page Views Account bans 17,805 My account in locked 10,064 Appeal Ban 8,096
...and here's the searches:
Term Searches 'hacked' 226 'contact' 134 'delete account' 129
We use this data to help make improvements to our Support Centre, and have dedicated Player Support Mods who specialise in optimising help articles and the overall experience. You can also use the thumbs up & down at the bottom of each article to let us know if you found the information helpful or not.
- Anti-Cheating Bans
Keeping your game free of cheats is a top priority for the Investigations into the Community team (ICU), so here's how many accounts we've banned for cheating this week. Please remember - your reports are really useful, so please do flag suspected bots in game to us!
Game Temp Ban Perm Ban RuneScape 310 5,170 Old School 1,058 122,219 Total 1,368 127,389
Thank you for taking the time to check out this weeks Player Support stats - see you next week!