5th - 11th November Player Support Stats

Hello!

Here in Player Support we want to be as transparent as possible, which is why we share our department stats with the community on a now weekly basis. 

We'll share everything from incoming tickets to player satisfaction scores, bot bans and more. 

  • Player Contacts

    We received a total of 42,096 tickets and contacts this week, with the majority of contact regarding account help issues. This figure does not include abuse reports. Here's the breakdown:

     

    Work type Volume
    Support tickets 5,167
    Account recovery appeals 18,707
    Offensive names 5,345
    Offence appeals 131
    Tweets 1,402
    Ban appeals received 11,344

     

    When we process an offensive name report, we either take no action, or remove it for being offensive or impersonating a staff member. Here's the breakdown of action we took:

     

    Action taken Volume
    No action taken 4,370
    Offensive 974
    Staff impersonation 1

     

    We also take a variety of actions against offence appeals, depending on if the account was hijacked, or if the offence was issued correctly. Here's what we did for the 131 offence appeals we processed:

     

    Action taken Volume
    Grant Appeal 45
    Deny Appeal 73
    Grant + Secure account 13

     

    With every contact we receive it's important we respond to you quickly, and we strive to reply to all players within 48 hours. Here's how we did this week:

     

    Time taken % of contacts
    1 hour 21%
    12 hours 71%
    24 hours 81%
    48 hours 82%

     

    Resolving your issue in our first response is a key measure of success too - and while it won't always be possible, it's something we work hard to achieve. Here's the breakdown:

     

    # replies % of contacts
    1 80%
    2 16%
    3+ 4%

    As you can see we resolved around 3/4 of all issues in just one reply, but we continue to work hard to reduce the number of 3+ reply contacts. We review these contacts regularly, to see why the ticket required 3 or more responses from Jagex to resolve.

     

    Player satisfaction is also key to measuring how satisfied you are with the service we offer. At the end of every contact, we provide players the opportunity to fill out a quick survey about their experience.

     

    This week 79% of players were satisfied with the service they received, leaving 21% unsatisfied. We investigate all unsatisfied contacts to understand if there was anything we could have done differently, but we find the majority are from cases of banned or hijacked accounts. 

     

  • Support Centre

    We also measure a lot of data about the Support Centre, including overall views, searches & our most viewed pages. Here's a snapshot of what this week had in store for us...

     

    - 333,136 visited the Support Centre looking for answers to their questions.

    - 25,379 players used the search feature to find what they were looking for.

     

    Here's the breakdown of the top views:

     

    Page Views
    Account bans 44,939
    My Account is locked  33,263
    Forgotten Login  19,865

     

    ...and here's the searches:

     

    Term Searches
    'contact' 574
    'hacked' 519
    'delete account' 363

     

    We use this data to help make improvements to our Support Centre, and have dedicated Player Support Mods who specialise in optimising help articles and the overall experience. You can also use the thumbs up & down at the bottom of each article to let us know if you found the information helpful or not.

  • Anti-Cheating Bans

    Keeping your game free of cheats is a top priority for the Investigations into the Community team (ICU), so here's how many accounts we've banned for cheating this week. Please remember - your reports are really useful, so please do flag suspected bots in game to us!

     

    Game Temp Ban Perm Ban
    RuneScape 298 3,994
    Old School 606 22,714
    Total 904 26,708

     

    Thank you for taking the time to check out this weeks Player Support stats - see you next week!

Was this article helpful?