Received an unexpected password reset email?
If you have received an unexpected email that you haven't requested, then it's possible that you've either received a phishing email or that someone else may be trying to recover your account.
In these situations it's best to ignore the email and instead take the following actions:
- Secure your email address, the security of your account is only as strong as your email address's security.
- Ensure you have the Authenticator activated, the Authenticator provides an additional layer of security for your account.
- See our password security advice if your password is used elsewhere.
- Secure then recover your account if you think you might have been compromised.
- Be aware of suspicious emails there's always a chance that the email is a fake, sent by phishers trying to access your RuneScape account.