No mountable file systems
You might encounter the below error when trying to install the game client on an older version of MacOS / OS X. This issue affects OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and earlier.
“The following disk images couldn’t be opened: RuneScape.dmg. no mountable file systems.”
To resolve your issue, first, check your Mac meets our system requirements.
To find out which OS version you are currently using:
- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose 'About This Mac'
- You'll see the OS name, followed by its version number
Update your OS version
Note: Please perform any updates at your own risk. Please ensure that your existing software and hardware are compatible with newer OS versions before updating.
- In the top left-hand side of your screen click the Apple logo
- In the drop-down menu, select 'Software update' and follow the prompts
- Restart your Mac
- Download and install the game client
For further information regarding OS updates, please see How to update the software on your Mac on the Apple website.