Frequently Reported Issues
- I keep getting kicked out after I log in
- What is my compensation package?
- What’s the Guardian’s Gift and where can I find it?
- Where is my additional membership?
- I'm missing perks on my augmented items
- My augmented item is missing XP
- Where are my items or GP from the Grand Exchange?
- I'm missing animals in my player-owned farm
- Something's wrong with my player-owned port
- Why can't I redeem my bond?
- I am entering the correct authenticator code, why isn't it working?
- This is a known issue that affects a very small number of accounts that have already been restored
- Once you've ruled out any connection issues, please submit a ticket so we can double-check your account
- Impacted accounts will receive the in-game goodwill bundle as well as a free month of Double Daily Keys to help make up those gains that were missed from not being able to log in
- Some more complex cases have had to wait an additional month to get back into game. As outlined in this newspost any accounts restored on April 28th or May 6th will receive extra Returned gifts to recognise this extended time away from Gielino
Following discussions with our amazing community, we've crafted The Guardian's Gift which comes in a variety of different flavours inspired by the feedback you provided!
The Guardian's Gift will appear in your backpack on your next log-in as long as your account is eligible and there's space in your backpack.
Eligible accounts meet the following conditions:
- Account created before April 5, 2021
- You have not received a Wish before
- You are not in Tutorial Island
Guardian's Gifts have the following charges:
- Players who were not locked out at all will get 100% charge
- Players who were locked out for the expected amount of time will get 300% charge
- Players who were locked out for an extended period of time (until April 28 or later) will get 400% charge
- If your account didn't have an active membership when the login lockout issue started, your account will not be eligible for the 1 month membership goodwill credit
- Member accounts were credited 1 month of membership while the issue was ongoing to avoid being rebilled
- These accounts should have 1 month of membership added as part of the goodwill bundle once their account is restored
- The goodwill membership is added separately from the in-game bundle which can take up to 72 hours to appear after the account is restored
- If after 72 hours, the membership still hasn't been added, please submit a ticket
- Due to technical complexities, we're unable to restore perks for augmented items. As part of the restoration process, we've already returned components to your materials pouch to ensure you can re-create the perks you've lost
- Materials currently owned can be viewed in your Invention pouch in the Backpack
- If you find that you don't have enough materials to re-create the perks you've lost, simply let us know the materials you're missing by submitting a ticket and we'll investigate further to ensure this is resolved
- Please be sure to use the following format in your ticket:
- e.g. : Simple Parts | https://runescape.wiki/w/Simple_parts | Quantity 100
- Due to system limitations, it's not possible for us to add XP to any items
- Don't worry, though. You'll find some useful consumables in our compensation bundle that will help you get your XP back to its former glory
- If the items are not appearing in your Grand Exchange Collection Box, then the items should be in your bank
- If the GP is not appearing in the Grand Exchange Collection Box, then the GP should be in your currency pouch
- If items or GP are not there, please submit a ticket using the following format and we can take a look at getting those items or GP back into your account
- e.g. : Coins | https://runescape.wiki/w/Coins | Quantity 100
- We expect most players to find any progress related to animals in pens and barns to have been set to their February 8th state. Breeding log completions are expected to be up to date
- If you're missing any animals, please submit a ticket and we can look to getting this resolved for you but please note that we aren't able to return any traits that your animals may have had
- Please use the following format when submitting your ticket for any missing animals:
- e.g. : Kandarin Cow | https://runescape.wiki/w/Kandarin_cow | Quantity 10
- We are aware that this is still an ongoing issue and at present, we aren't able to return any crew members that were lost
- Our product teams require more information from our players on what's missing and what's wrong with their player-owned ports to understand how to fix this. Please submit a ticket if you have an issue with your port and please provide as much detail as you can so we can pass this on to our product team. Please also note that because this is an ongoing issue, response times may vary
We're aware that some players affected by the lockout might have issues redeeming bonds. If you've been impacted, please get in touch so we can help.
If you receive this error message when logging in "You may have used incorrect login information, please try again" it might mean that your authenticator has become unsynced, try these steps to get your authenticator code to work again.
This isn't the end of all the known issues for restored accounts. So if you notice something about your account that just isn't right, please submit a ticket with as much detail as possible so we can pass this information to our engineering and product teams to investigate further.