We'll be inviting players to upgrade their character to a Jagex account in groups. If you're not able to upgrade just yet, don't panic! Keep an eye on your email or in game inbox for a notification that your time has come.
Want to stay safe from phishers? Log in directly to your Account settings to see if your account is ready yet.
To create a Jagex account you'll need to upgrade your character, but first, there are some things to be aware of:
- Once you've upgraded your character there's no going back, so make sure you create a Jagex account with a secure, accessible email address
- Your old RuneScape login details will become invalid, instead, you'll use your new Jagex email and password for all of your imported characters (so don't forget it!)
- Up to 10 RuneScape characters can be added to your Jagex account, but choose wisely; they can't be removed once they're linked
- You'll need to use the Jagex Launcher to play via your favoured client (RuneScape, Old School, RuneLite) on your desktop or via our mobile apps
- To purchase items from the store, you'll log in with your Jagex account and select which character you want to make the purchase on
- Beware of phishers and fake websites, follow the steps below to import your RuneScape characters, and don't enter your login details into any other websites
You'll be unable to import your character if it is:
- Not eligible to play
How to upgrade
The process to upgrade your RuneScape character to your Jagex account is easy and we'll guide you through it. If this option isn't available to you it might not be your turn just yet, hang tight we'll be expanding access throughout the Beta.
Watch the video
Or follow the steps!
Log in to the RuneScape Account settings for the character you'd like to upgrade to a Jagex account.
Press the blue "Upgrade" button.
Follow the prompts to create a brand new Jagex account, set up two-step authentication, choose your Jagex account name and set a password.
Once complete choose whether to import another RuneScape character or continue to step 4.
Download the Jagex Launcher and log in with your brand new Jagex account email and password.
From the Launcher, you can select which character you'd like to play.
Two-step authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your account by requiring you to enter a security code each time you log in. Security codes via email will be set up by default. You can choose to receive these codes via a dedicated authenticator app like Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator. Follow these steps to set up an authenticator app.
If you have a question that's not answered in this article, please head to our Jagex Accounts FAQ.
If you experience an issue when trying to upgrade please get in touch below.