- Notify you that your account email has been updated to an address you don't recognise - and offer you the option to 'cancel' the change
- Offer Rare/expensive/free items
- Promise special offers such as beta access
- Or even threaten to suspend your account
- Appear to be from a Jagex email that is forged.
Always check the sender's email address. Here's a list of email's we'll contact you from:
Although these are recognised emails, Hijackers are finding ways to forge the email addresses (Spoofing) so that they appear to be coming from Jagex.
If the email is received unknowingly, it's safer to log in through the official RuneScape website or use the support centre to make any changes to your account rather than following links within the email.