Your email is old/inaccessible
If you can't access your registered email address it's important to try your best to recover it from your email provider, as your emails will often contain sensitive and valuable information.
You should do your best to recover your email accounts because:
- Any email account that you can't access poses a security risk
- It is the easiest and quickest way to secure your RuneScape account.
- The email could be attached to other important accounts elsewhere.
- There could be emails holding sensitive information.
- An account that you haven’t secured is an account that somebody else could access.
Recovering your email
To recover your email account you should go through your email provider’s recovery processes. Here are the top 5 email provider recovery pages to help you regain access to your email account:
- Microsoft email addresses (Hotmail, Live, Outlook, MSN)
- Google email addresses (Gmail & Googlemail)
- AOL email address (AOL.com)
- Yahoo email addresses (Yahoo, Ymail & RocketMail)
- Comcast email address (Comcast.net)
Deleted email accounts
Many major providers of free email addresses will delete an email account if it hasn't been accessed in a while. You should log into your email account before the below time periods for your email to remain active:
|Email Provider||Length of inactivity|
|Google's Gmail||Best known for keeping email accounts open after long periods of inactivity.
You can set it up to notify you if it's been inactive for a certain period of time!
|Microsoft||after 365 days of inactivity.|
|Yahoo||after roughly 365 days of inactivity.|
|AOL||after only 90 days of inactivity|
If your email account has been deleted and you can't regain access, try to recreate it with the same email address and provider.
If your email is inaccessible because:
- It is a Work email
- It is a University email
- The email provider no longer exists
- It is not recoverable