Chat settings allow you to change how your chat box and it's contents are displayed, including overhead chat (all the chat around you) and what chat windows are displayed.
Accessing chat settings
- Press 'Esc' > 'Settings' (or select the Settings Icon )
- In the settings interface select Gameplay > Social > Chat Customisation
What chat settings do
Here you will have the option to:
- Use Enter as a shortcut to access quick chat
- Show your local time next to chat messages
- Decide how you want to see prefixes for clan and friends chat
- Prevent players who have you in their friends list from being able to plot a trail to your location
Custom message colours
You can select the font colour for particular chat channels.
- To pick a colour, select one of the coloured boxes.
- Changes happen instantly, there's no need to save.
Additional chat settings
Additional chat settings, such as settings for your Clan chat and Friends Chat channels can be found in the Community interface, under Social.
You can reach the Community interface by pressing F5 or the Community icon ().