Account & Age Requirements
To reflect changes to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that strengthen your privacy rights, there are some changes to our policies and functionalities of our services.
Why was my account disabled?
If your account has been disabled it may be because you have entered a birth date that indicates you are not old enough to have a RuneScape & Old School account.
Why do you have to disable my account?
You have entered a birth date that does not comply with our policies, indicating you are not old enough to have a RuneScape & Old School account.
In case you have entered the wrong date of birth, there is a grace period of 28 days to correct this. The 28 days starts from the time you entered this information and includes processing time.
You can use the process described below to confirm a correct date of birth. Accounts will be inaccessible during this time.
Making a request
You can request to re-enable your account and confirm you are old enough to have a RuneScape & Old School account by completing the form below, making sure to provide all of the following information.
Please be aware that if you're unable or unwilling to provide all of the requested information, we will be unable to process your request.
- A scanned image from List A that clearly shows your name and date of birth
- A scanned image from List B that clearly shows your name and address
It's highly recommended to block out any sensitive information, as long as the required information is clearly visible.
- List A
- Signed passport or card (current and not due to expire within 28 days)
- Birth certificate
- Government or state issued photo identity card
- Government or state issued driving licence
- Firearms licence
- Certificate of adoption
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate
- Military/Government/Law Enforcement ID card
- Affidavit issued and signed by a notary public or person authorised to administer oaths which includes confirmation of your full name and date of birth
- List B
- A utility bill (issued within the last 3 months)
- Bank, Building Society, or Credit Union statement or passbook (issued within the last 3 months)
- Mortgage statement from a recognised lender (issued within the last 12 months)
- Letter from a legal practitioner relating to property purchase (issued within the last 3 months)
- Property rental card or signed tenancy agreement for the current year provided by a registered property management company (not a private landlord)
- HMRC/IRS (or equivalent local tax collection agency) self-assessment or tax related document (issued within the last 12 months)
- Medical card or letter/document from a medical practice confirming registration
- Affidavit issued and signed by a notary public or person authorised to administer oaths which includes confirmation of your full name and address
If you are under 18, your parent or guardian will have to supply the information on your behalf.
Why are you asking for this information? How will it be used?
These attachments will only be used to validate your date of birth and will be securely destroyed as soon as your request has been processed. You are highly encouraged to block out or remove any sensitive information, as long as the requested information is clearly displayed.
We will only use this information to validate your identity and date of birth.
How long will it take to re-enable my account?
Once your request has been processed, you should expect to receive an email reply within 7 days.