If you’re not receiving any audio from the client, it’s possible that your client is not appearing in your Volume mixer.
This can usually be resolved by changing the following audio settings:
- Open the game client
- Right click on the volume icon on your Windows taskbar and select 'Open Sound Settings'
- Under Output, click Device properties
- Click Additional device properties
- Press Advanced
- Check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'
Once that’s all done, load the RuneScape client and check the client is appearing in the Volume mixer.
For the NXT client make sure you have installed the DirectX redistributable files from Microsoft.
Check to see if you have any pending operating system or audio driver updates. If you do make sure they are installed.
- Try resolving Audio issues