OSRS Mobile FAQ
Coming back for Mobile?
- We've got all you need to get back into game
- Once you're back in game, watch these videos to get back into the swing of things
- Check out the Old School news post for more information!
- Head to the Mobile Payments FAQ for payment advise
- Please use the Old School Mobile Forum to report bugs, provide feedback, or for answers from our awesome community!
What device do I need to play?
- Android Lollipop (5.0) or later - minimum 1GB RAM
- iOS 10.0 or later - iPhone5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 or newer
Do I need to create a new account to play?
The great news is you can login with any account you have access to - be it new or old!
Can I login with Game Center?
Brand new iOS players can get going right away using their Game Center accounts.
Can I log in with my social network account?
Old School RuneScape doesn't currently support Facebook or Google+ logins, this is the same for OSRS mobile. Please upgrade to a full account to allow access to mobile.
I have Lollipop 5.0 or above but the app is not working?
There are some known issues with the performance of Old School RuneScape on the following devices:
- All Chromebooks
- ASUS Nexus 7
- HTX Nexus 9
- NVIDIA Shield
- Google Pixel C
- Huawei P8 Lite.
Our focus is on your experience on mobile phone devices. Old School RuneScape will work on many tablets, but the experience may not be optimal.
Please let us know your feedback on the Performance on your device forum thread.
Why can't I create an account?
There are several reasons why you might be having issues creating an account.
- If you are receiving a message that your email address has already been used you won't be able to create another account with the same email, try recovering your account or using a different email.
- If you are told a name is unavailable try choosing a different name.
Why can't I login?
If you're not able to login and play, make sure you're using the correct login name or email (if you created the account before 2010 it'll be your first character name, after that an email).
If you think you might have forgotten your password try recovering your account.
Why was my password reset denied?
If your account recovery request was denied it's because you haven't provided enough information to confirm to us you are the rightful owner. Please check the email response for more details of what we need from you.
Why is the app saying I need to update?
The Android app will ask you to update if it hasn't yet downloaded an update from the Google Play Store. Please open the Google Play Store and hit 'Update'.
If you're installing from an unknown source rather than from the App Store or Google Play Store, the app will not automatically update. Please be aware that if you're not using the official stores then you're using an unsafe build - your account security could be in danger and at risk of data mining.
Is the app available in my country?
On Android, the app is currently available globally except in these territories:
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Some locations that are not explicitly listed
On iOS the app is not available in China.
I'm an iOS user can I use Game Center?
Yes new users can create accounts through Game Center. Check out our Game Center FAQ for more information.
Do I have to be a member to play?
You can play Free-2-Play, just like on desktop, however membership gives you access to loads of awesome features.
How can I make a purchase on mobile?
Users can tap the toggleable orb in the advanced settings tab to open the store.
- iOS users can purchase membership via the app.
- Android users can purchase Bonds or membership.
This is not available on desktop.
What if I change my mind and want a refund?
If you're unhappy with a purchase you've made on the Mobile app please contact the App Store or Google Play Store to request a refund.
Why can't I login?
If you're receiving a 'connecting to server' error message try connecting to Wifi or waiting until you have a stronger mobile connection. You can also login on Desktop first and then login on Mobile.
Why is my game lagging?
To improve your connection, close any unused programs that could be using lots of data. You can also try connecting to a different world, or connecting directly to Wifi. Check out some tips to Improve Mobile Performance.
How can I stop the app from draining my battery?
- Reduce your phones brightness
- Turn off any background apps
- Turn on medium battery saver mode
- Adjusting the FPS in settings will reduce the amount of battery used to run the game
My device is connected to the Vodafone network, can I play?
We are currently aware that some Vodafone users are not able to launch the client correctly. Please contact Vodafone and request access to age restricted content (Trolls are naked after all).
Do tablets support the app?
Our current focus is primarily phones. The game is not yet optimised for tablet devices.
Where are my stats?
If you've come back to play after a long break you may be expecting to find your stats on Old School RuneScape, however this is a different version of the game, your hard earned stats can be found in the ever evolving RuneScape!
Why has my account been banned?
If you are unable to play due to a Macroing ban on your account, the ban would have been caused by software used to automate your game play, and not the use of the Old School RuneScape Mobile App. Check out our Rules of RuneScape for more information.
- Bluetooth mouse and keyboard compatibility
- Ice whip/Volcanic whip animation doesn't show
- Interfaces being hidden in certain locations (such as the Motherlode Mine)
- Quickpray not working when Minimap is hidden
- The Smoke dungeon overlay doesn't look great...
- Interacting with cutscenes can stop further input
Your most common feedback in it's very own forum thread!