OSRS Mobile FAQ
Your game, available to play anywhere for members on Android.
- A RuneScape account with active membership
- An Android device with Lollipop 5.0 or above - anything below is not supported
- Hang in there iOS users, your turn won't be long now!
Members are invited to download the Old School RuneScape Mobile Beta app from the Google Play Store
- There's a limited number of downloads available on a first come first serve basis, but we'll be expanding regularly as the beta progresses.
- If you can't see the Install option on the Play Store, this means it's not currently available to download, but be sure to check back often!
- Players with access to the closed beta will continue to have access.
Coming back for Mobile?
- We've got all you need to get back into game
- Check out the Old School news post for more information!
- Please use the Old School Mobile Testing Forum to report bugs, provide feedback, or for answers from our awesome community!
Do I need to create a new account to play?
The great news is you can login with any account you have access to - be it new or old!
Do I need to sign up for OSRS Mobile?
Sign-ups are not needed, and access to the open test is purely on a first-come first-serve basis, however, players with access to the current closed test will continue to be able to access Old School RuneScape.
Can I log in with my social network account?
Old School RuneScape doesn't currently support social network logins, this is the same for OSRS mobile. Please upgrade to a full account to allow access to mobile.
What device do I need to download the game?
You will need an Android device with Lollipop 5.0 or above. If you do not have the right device the game will not work.
I have Lollipop 5.0 or above but the app is not working?
There are some known issues with the performance of Old School RuneScape on the following devices:
- All Chromebooks
- ASUS Nexus 7
- HTX Nexus 9
- NVIDIA Shield
- Google Pixel C
- Huawei P8 Lite.
Our focus during beta testing is on your experience on mobile phone devices. Old School RuneScape will work on many tablets, but the experience may not be optimal.
Please let us know your feedback on the Performance on your device forum thread.
Why isn't the download option available?
If the download option is not available it might mean the limited number of downloads has been reached. We want to make sure the game is stable and working so we'll be increasing the size of the beta as we go!
We'll let you know when we're opening up the next lot of access. Make sure you keep a close eye on these channels:
What's happened to the Bonds pouch?
The bonds pouch is not accessible at this stage in testing. This means you are not yet able to access or redeem existing Old School bonds within your bonds pouch.
Can I buy membership or Bonds in the app?
We're currently focusing on improving the Beta gameplay - payments will be coming at a later date and we'll let you know when that happens.
Why is my game lagging?
To improve your connection, close any unused programs that could be using lots of data. You can also try connecting to a different world, or connecting directly to Wifi.
My device is connected to the Vodafone network, can I play?
We are currently aware that some Vodafone users are not able to launch the client correctly. We're working on a fix, for now please connect to Wifi if you want to play!
Do Android tablets support the app?
Our focus for the open beta was primarily phones. You can attempt to install and play on a tablet but it might not be flawless just yet. It is still a beta after all. Please let us know your feedback on the OSRS Mobile testing forum.
Why isn't there an iOS Beta?
We are currently working on the iOS app along side Android! Don't worry it definitely hasn't been forgotten about!
- Ice whip/Volcanic whip animation doesn't show
- Interfaces being hidden in certain locations (such as the Motherlode Mine)
- Quickpray not working when Minimap is hidden
- The Smoke dungeon overlay doesn't look great...
- Interacting with cutscenes can stop further input
Your most common feedback in it's very own forum thread!