Steam Login FAQ
If you have created a RuneScape account via Steam or linked an existing account to your Steam account, you can use your account to:
- Play RuneScape on Steam
- Make Steam In-game or Store purchases
- Log in to the RuneScape website
We've got everything you need covered here:
- Log into RuneScape using Steam
- Link an existing account to Steam
- Unlink your account from Steam
- Add a login email to Steam Created Account
- Change which account is linked to Steam
- Steam Login issues
- I am experiencing technical issues whilst playing RuneScape on Steam
- How can I make my Steam account more secure?
- How do Steam Trading Cards work?
- Can I log into multiple account via Steam?
- Why am I receiving the error "Please add another authentication method in order to un-link your Steam account"?
If you've run into a technical issue when playing RuneScape on Steam, please check out the following resources on the Steam and Jagex Support Centres:
Steam Technical Support:
RuneScape Technical Support:
To make your Steam account as secure as possible, please follow Steam's security advice:
For more advice about keeping your account safe, please see this Steam article about Account Security Recommendations.
Steam Trading Cards are planned for release shortly after launch.
Steam Trading Cards are collectible cards you get by playing certain games on Steam, including RuneScape. You can collect a set of cards to earn items that help you customize your Steam profile.
For more information on how these work and what to do if something seems wrong, please see this Steam article about Steam Trading Cards.
No, only a single RuneScape account can be linked to your Steam account. You can change which account is linked to your Steam account, but any Store or In-game purchases you have already made will remain on the RuneScape account you originally purchased them on.
If you are trying to un-link your Steam account and receive the following error message; "Please add another authentication method in order to un-link your Steam account", you will need to add a login email to the account before following the steps to un-link.