Steam login FAQ
If you have created a game account via Steam or linked an existing account to your Steam account, you can:
- Play RuneScape or Old School RuneScape on Steam
- Make Steam in-game or Store purchases
- Log in to the RuneScape or Old School RuneScape website
We've got everything you need covered here:
- Link an existing account to Steam
- Unlink your account from Steam
- Add a login email to Steam created account
- I am experiencing technical issues whilst playing on Steam
- How can I make my Steam account more secure?
- How do Steam Trading Cards work?
- Can I log in to multiple accounts via Steam?
- Can I have different RuneScape and Old School accounts added to Steam at the same time?
- Why am I receiving the error "Please add another authentication method in order to un-link your Steam account"?
If you've run into a technical issue when playing on Steam, please check out Steam's technical support:
To make your Steam account as secure as possible, please follow Steam's security advice:
For more advice about keeping your account safe, please see this Steam article Account Security Recommendations.
Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam. You can collect a set of cards to earn items that help you customise your Steam profile.
No, only a single RuneScape account can be linked to your Steam account. You can change which account is linked to your Steam account, but any Store or in-game purchases you have already made will remain on the RuneScape account you originally purchased them on.
It is only possible to have a single account linked to your Steam account. As soon as you link an account to Steam, both the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape profiles of that account will be linked to the respective games. You can change which account is linked to Steam.
If you are trying to un-link your Steam account and receive the following error message; "Please add another authentication method in order to un-link your Steam account", you will need to add a login email to the account before following the steps to un-link.