Our games are renowned for their continued support from our active and vibrant community. Part of our success is down to the close relationship we have with both players and their parents.
You can find out more about RuneScape and Old School RuneScape here.
- Safety of your child
RuneScape actively encourages player interaction. The in-game chat systems allow players to type messages to one another.
We have features within the game that allows players to control their chat:
- Players have the option of adding other players to the Ignore List which ensures that they can choose to no longer see or receive messages from specific individuals.
- Players can use the Report Abuse function to directly bring our attention to urgent matters.
- There is an optional filter which allows players to censor offensive language.
- Every RuneScape account has its own character name which allows players to protect their personal identity.
As well as the above in-game features we have a dedicated moderation team actively involved in keeping players safe online:
- In-game chat is actively moderated by highly-trained specialists to identify serious threats, and remove them from the game.
- We have strong relationships to law enforcement and protection agencies throughout the world.
- We take measures to ensure users under 13 cannot communicate freely using the chat function.
- Find out more about the Rules of RuneScape and in-game safety features.
- It is your responsibility as a parent to ensure your child's safety when using the internet. Visit CEOP's thinkuknow.com for information and advice on how to protect your child online.
- Billing help for parents
RuneScape has a range of content which players can pay to access.
- Find out more about the extra content offered by Membership, as well as some of the other currencies you can purchase for in-game use.
- If you need help with making a payment, please head over to our dedicated section on Payment Issues
- If you are trying to query a payment made to us which you think is related to RuneScape please check out Unknown transaction.
- Other helpful resources