We have features within the game that allow players to keep their chat safe and friendly:
- players must be 13 years old to be able to play and chat in-game
- every account has a fantasy character name which helps keep their real-world identity safe
- offensive language can be automatically censored using our profanity filter
- unwanted messages can be blocked by adding other players to the account's Ignore List
- your child can also report chat for us to review if they feel the need
What we do to keep your child safe
We have a team dedicated to keeping players safe online. Although these situations are rare, highly-trained specialists review and take action on any concerning chat. As part of our commitment to safeguarding our players, we have built strong relations with law enforcement and child protection agencies worldwide.
Parent's guide to purchases
If you're concerned about your child making purchases without your consent see the Parent's guide to spending online. This guide also contains general information about making purchases online.
Here are some other support centre pages that you might find helpful:
- Safety Centre — a collection of guides to help keep your child safe online
- Rules of RuneScape — the rules designed to keep players happy and safe
- Parent's guide to spending online — a guide to help you stop unexpected transactions appearing on your statement
- Account Security — a collection of guides to help keep accounts secure
Here are some helpful resources from other websites: