Settle an Unpaid Balance
If you see the above message when logging into your account a previous purchase on your account has been charged back or reversed.
This results in the payment being returned to the purchaser and the account having goods that haven't been paid for. This needs to be resolved before the account can be played again.
If the charge back has occurred recently on your account, the person who requested the charge back may have the ability to reverse it via their bank (or cancel it via PayPal).
We recommend this approach as:
- It allows players to avoid any additional fees that would be incurred when clearing an unpaid balance.
- It allows us to manage a payment ourselves, should a player be wanting to claim a refund etc.
Clear an unpaid balance
If too much time has passed since the charge back was made, or you are unable to reverse the charge back, don't panic.
Paying off any outstanding balance will result in your account being unfrozen (any membership, remaining treasure hunter keys, RuneCoins or bonds that were on the account when the charge back occurred will also become unfrozen).
To pay off a balance, follow these steps:
- Head to the RuneScape Basket
- Login to account that has the unpaid balance
- Select the shopping cart and 'continue to check out' to pay off the unpaid balance
(Please ensure there are no other items in your basket when paying the unpaid balance).
A hijacker caused my account to have an unpaid balance
If you have an unpaid balance due to third party access to your account, please secure and recover your account and then get in touch with us below and we will see what we can do to help.
Response ETA: Up to 48 hours
Response to: Message Centre