There are several reasons you might run into issues using the NXT RuneScape Client or the Old School RuneScape client, these could be:
- NXT client won't open
- OSRS client won't open
- Stuck on 'Loading Resources' in both game clients
What would cause a compatibility issue?
Updating any of the following can sometimes cause issues with the client:
- Operating System
- Applications or programs
A common error message you may receive is: "The RuneScape client suffered from an error during graphics initialisation".
Troubleshoot your issue
Complete the following actions to resolve the issue:
- Update your Operating System
- Update your graphics drivers
- Try launching the NXT client in compatibility mode
Didn't work? Try creating a new profile
If you have tried the above and you're still stuck, the compatibility issue could be caused by certain programs on your main profile.
Try creating a new profile on Windows, you should be able to load the client on the new profile:
- Windows 7/8 - Complete the steps to create a user account.
- Windows 10 - Complete the steps to create a local user account and change the local account to an administrator account.