Jagex Accounts have improved account security through stronger passwords, email notifications, and 2-factor authentication. And, you won't need to remember multiple passwords as you can add up to 20 characters to a single account.
To recover your RuneScape character and move to a Jagex account follow these steps.
If you have access to your registered email
With a Jagex account, you can quickly import any Runescape characters whose registered email address matches your new Jagex account, without needing to remember your old password.
- Sign up for a Jagex account using the same registered email as your RuneScape account.
Log in to your new Jagex account and go to Character Settings.
- If you have a RuneScape character with the same login and registered email it will be automatically imported.
- If you have characters that share the same registered email, you'll be prompted to import them. Press the "Import Existing" button and verify ownership with an emailed code.
- Download the Jagex Launcher, log in with your new Jagex account, and choose which character to play.
If you don't have access to your registered email
To recover your account:
- Head to Account Recovery.
- Enter your username or login email and press "Recover".
- If your account was created before 2010 you should enter your login name.
- Follow the prompts and click "Contact Jagex Support" to fill out the Account Recovery form. You'll receive a reply within 24 hours.
- Once you've regained access to your RuneScape character, upgrade to a Jagex account to keep it secure.