If you've upgraded to a Jagex account, please head to our Reset password article on the Jagex Support Centre.
Changing your RuneScape password regularly is great security practice. It's absolutely necessary if someone else has access to your account. Changing your password will also remove most account locks.
If you don't have access to your account
- Head to Account recovery
- Enter your login and press 'Recover' (if your account was created after 2010 this will be an email address)
- Follow the prompts and check your email inbox for a password reset email
- Press 'contact Jagex support' if you don't have access to your email
If you have access to your account and registered email
- Log in to Change Password in your account settings
- Hit the 'Change Password' button
- Check your email inbox for a password reset email
- Click the link in the email and follow the instructions to set a new password